One package ready-to-bake sugar cookie dough
Half cup flour, or enough to keep dough from sticking
Powdered sugar (about a cup)
Flaked coconut (for shaggy dogs)
Here’s what to do:
- Roll dough out on floured surface with floured rolling pin. This part would give Mrs. Peabody fits–it’s messy!
- Cut dough into dog shapes. One package makes three or four big dogs. (Henry admires Golden Retrievers). Bake cookies according to package directions. Let cool.
- Mix 2 or 3 tablespoons of water into powdered sugar, enough to make thin paste. Use sugar mixture plain or add coconut for shaggy dogs.
- Spread sugar on each cookie. Before sugar dries, apply chocolate sprinkle “fleas.” This is the part Henry likes!
- Put a face on your hound with raisins, M&M’s or chocolate chips for eyes and noses.